Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I am a vegan now!



So I know it's been awhile since I've posted anything on here. I'm so sorry! The holidays were fun but busy and school started back up too. I've been trying to get settled into this semester and it's going great!
Over the holidays I read a book called The Beauty Detox Solution by certified nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. It was a great read and I finished it in a couple of days! I went vegetarian a few years ago after reading Skinny Bitch but I began to think I wasn't getting enough protein. So I started to eat meat again. Kimberly's book proved that vegan "lack of protein" myth wrong! You can get plenty of protein from vegetables. I was so relieved to learn that! I've never been a big meat eater so I thought a vegan lifestyle would be great for me. After I read The Beauty Detox I immediately began transitioning to my new vegan lifestyle. Kimberly is very informative in her book and I learned so much about food and the way we should eat it so it digests properly. It's only been about 2 weeks since I began my vegan lifestyle and I'm loving it. My meals are filled with fresh, organic vegetables and fruits and the recipes are delicious! I'm even able to substitute foods in the ToneItUp nutrition plan to suit my vegan lifestyle. I'm going to start posting some great vegan recipes that I make throughout the week!

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!
Xoxo
Nicole

3 comments:

maddie said...

Way to go girl!!! So happy you are loving the meat free lifestyle! I'll be going on a year soon of me being vegetarian and I feel fantastic :) xoo madalyn

Caitlin said...

That's awesome, Nicole! Would you recommend that book?? I feel like it would be so difficult to be vegan...but I guess if you could slowly transition it might be okay : )

NicoleTonesItUp said...

Thanks Maddie!
Caitlin, I would definitely recommend this book! It's a very informative book not only the vegan lifestyle, but also why being vegan is best for true beauty inside and out. Digestion plays a huge role in the way we feel and look on the inside and outside. I never knew any of this until I read the book! Check it out. It's a great read! <3