Sunday, February 19, 2012

Glowing Green Smoothie recipe!



Hey everyone!



There is this amazing drink called the Glowing Green Smoothie and it is certified nutritionist Kimberly Snyder's recipe. I have this smoothie every morning for breakfast! EVERY morning! It is a wonderful way to start the day. It's full of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes! This recipe goes along with her entire Beauty Detox Program and if you haven't, I recommend reading her book "The Beauty Detox Solution". It's a great book and I learned so much about health and digestion. It's recommended to not only have the Glowing Green Smoothie for breakfast everyday but to also follow her meal plan. I've been following it for over a month now and I love it!
It is recommended that you blend this smoothie with a Vitamix blender. I bought a Vitamix a couple of months ago and I use it almost every day! It's a very powerful blender and breaks through the cell walls of the greens and fruits in this smoothie. You can still use a standard blender to make this smoothie, you may have to cut up the fruit and veggies into smaller pieces though.

Kimber Snyder's Official Glowing Green Smoothie recipe:

(64 ounces / 2-4 servings)

  • 1 ½- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
  • 6 cups spinach, chopped
  • 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
  • 2 stalks of organic celery
  • 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
  • 1 organic banana
  • 1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice

Optional Ingredients

  • Ice cubes (the extra coldness can help newbies with the taste)
  • 1/2 cup of organic cilantro
  • 1/2 cup of organic parsley
Directions:

Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth.
Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.

*For 1 serving, cut out one of the fruits and the celery.


I usually have 16-20 ounces of this smoothie for breakfast. Since this recipe makes 64 ounces, I keep the rest in a big pitcher in my refrigerator and it lasts up to 3 days! You can also freeze portions of the smoothie if you would like it to last longer.

Here is Kimberly's blog post about her Glowing Green Smoothie: click here


I hope you all enjoy this amazing smoothie! I love having it every morning! It's delicious.

Let me know how you like it! :)

No comments: